The name Wells Fargo is forever linked with the image of a six-horse stagecoach thundering across the American West, loaded with gold. The full story, over more than 160 years ago, is rich in detail with great events in America’s history. From the Gold Rush to the early 20th Century, through prosperity, depression and war, Wells Fargo earned the reputation of trust due to its attention and loyalty to customers.
The Vision, Values and Goals of Wells Fargo details the enduring principles that guide all Wells Fargo team members in the work they do every day – in serving customers and helping each other.
Wells Fargo wants to satisfy their customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. This unites them around a simple premise: Customers can be better served when they have a relationship with a trusted provider that knows them well, provides reliable guidance, and can serve their full range of financial needs.
Five Primary values guide every action that Wells Fargo takes:
- Do what is right for the customers. They place customers at the center of everything they do. They want to exceed customer expectations and build relationships that last a lifetime.
- People as a competitive advantage. Wells Fargo strives to attract, develop, motivate, and retain the best team members – and collaborate across businesses and functions to serve customers
- They are committed to the highest standard of integrity, transparency, and principled performance. They do the right thing, in the right way, and hold themselves accountable.
- Diversity and inclusion. They value and promote diversity and inclusion in all aspects of business and at all levels. Success comes from inviting and incorporating diverse perspectives.
- Wells Fargo is called to be a leader. They want their staff to lead themselves, lead the team, and lead the business – in service to customers, communities, team members, and shareholders.
Wells Fargo wants to become the financial services leader in these areas:
- Customer service and advice. After listening to and understanding their customers and their financial goals, they want to provide exceptional service and guidance to help them succeed financially.
- Team member engagement. Their team members are their most valuable resources. They want to be the employer of choice – a place where people feel included, valued, and supported; everyone is respected; and they work as a team.
- Through innovative thinking, industry-leading technology, and a willingness to test and learn, Wells Fargo creates lasting value for customers – and increased efficiency for their operations.
- Risk management. While working to set the global standard in managing all forms of risk, Wells Fargo wants to serve customers’ needs and protect their assets, information, and privacy.
- Corporate citizenship. They make a positive contribution to communities through philanthropy, advancing diversity and inclusion, creating economic opportunity, and promoting environmental sustainability.
- Shareholder value. They want to deliver long-term value for shareholders through a balanced business model, strong risk discipline, efficient execution, and a world-class team.
Wells Fargo is committed to being the best they can be – for each other, their customers, their communities, and for their shareholders. They have the will and the drive to build a better Wells Fargo, every day.